Foreigner’s Registration Office
Rules-Guidelines For Foreigners Visiting/Staying In Commissionerate Jalandhar.
IN EXERCISE OF THE POWER CONFERRED BY SUB-RULE (1) OF rule (3) of the Registration of Foreigners Rules, 1939, read with the Government of India, Ministry of Home, Affairs, New Delhi Notification dated 17 December 1956, The Commissioner of Police/FRO The Commissioner Jalandhar has been appointed as the Foreigner Registration Officer for the Purpose of the aforesaid rules of the the Commissionerate Jalandhar.
Location Of F.R.O.
The Foreigners Registration Office is located at Police Commissionerate Jalandhar. This office is functioning under the supervision of Commissioner of Police, Jalandhar, Who has further delegated the power to perform all the function on his behalf to ADCP/HQ, Jalandhar. This office is fully computerized and all type of services i.e. Registration, Visa Extension, Return Visa, Exit permit to leave India and other multifarious services relating to the foreigners are available at Single Window System.
Timing And Working Days
Monday to Saturday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Out contact telephone number are: 0181-2240431-32 – Extn.-255.
Regulations Applicable To Foreigners
- Under the rules ,Foreigners entering into India on long term visa i.e. for a period more than 180 days on Student, Employment, Business, Research and missionary visa etc are required to get themselves registered within 14 days of their arrival with concerned Foreigners themselves with FRO Jalandhar within 14 days of their arrival.
- Foreigners other than those mentioned above will not be required to get themselves registered, even if they have entered into India on Long Term Visa provided their continues stay in India does not exceed 180 days. If the intention of the foreigners is to stay for more than 180 days, he/she should get himself/herself registered within 180 days from the date of arrival with FRO.
- Foreigners holding tourist or other short term visa up to 180 days are not required to register with FRO. Such foreign nationals , who are already holding long term Tourist Visas for 10/5 years with away stipulation of 180 days/90 days and with multiple entry facility ,there should be gap of at least 2 month between two visit to the country on tourist visa. In case requirement to visit the country within two months, permission should be sought from head of mission concerned indicating the specific reasons for another visit within a short period. in all such cases registration would be required within 14 days of arrival.
Pak. Nationals entering India on police Reporting Visa (PRV) are required to register themselves with FRRO. FRO within 24 hours of their arrival in India. However, Pak Nationals on EPR Visa (Exemption from Police Reporting from such formalities).
Afghan Nationals entering India are required to register themselves with FRRO/FRO within 7 days of their arrival in India.
This permit is issued to the foreigners at the time of his/her registration under Para 7 of the foreigners order 1948.
Registration Certificate (Part III Of Form A)
This certificate is issued to the foreigners at the time of his/her registration of registration rules, 1939.
Documents Required At The Time Of Registration
- Registration .application form(available at FRO)
- 5Photographs (PP Size) for adults.
- 3 photographs (PP Size) for minors (unto 16 years).
- Proof of Residential Address in Jalandhar.
- Two Photo Copies of main pages of passport containing photograph, personal particulars , Indian Visa and latest arrival stay in India.
- Indemnity Bond.
For PIO Card/OCI (Overseas Citizen Of India)
Foreigners seeking for PIO Card or OCI Status may contact:- On website www.mha.nic.in.
Level-II East Block-8, R.K.Puram
Section-I, New Delhi.
Joint Secretaries (F)
(MHA), Govt. of India,
Mann Singh Road, Jesalmer House
Forms Required For Registration/Visa Extension
- Application form (single) for registration
- Form ‘A’-Part I and Part-II for registration certificate (to be filled in duplicate in case of adults-above 16 yrs only).
- Application form for Visa extension. (For students in single and for other including PhD Students in duplicate).
- Application Form for No Objection Return to India to be filled in duplicate.
Other Documents Required As Per Visa Category Student Visa
One copy of Student confide certificate to be issued by the concerned college/Institutions or school where foreigner has taken admission.
Business related papers showing the authenticity of the business.
Copy of the approval from Govt. of India In Case of Joint Venture or Collaboration (in duplicate).
Copy of permission from the RBI (Reserve Bank of India) in Case of business /Joint Venture etc.
Tourist Visa/Stay is non-extendable.
Employed With Companies/Firms
Copy of Service contract between the foreigners and the employer company/firm.
Married To Indian Spouse
Copy of Marriage certificate.
Report Of Absence From Address
Under the Rules, if at any time a foreigners Proposes to be absent from his registered address for the continuous period of two weeks or more he shall, before he/she leaves, make a report in writing to the Registration Offer of the District in which his/her registered address is situated, and shall furnish in the said report full particulars of his itinerary including particulars of place which he/she proposes to visit /stay and the expected date of his/her return. Registration officer will make endorsement on his/her permit to this effect.
Report Of Change Of Registered Address
In Pursuance of this rule if any foreigners is about to change his/her registered He /she will inform the concerned Registration Officer (FRO). The Registration Officer will make endorsement on his/her permit.
Report To Be Made By Hotel Keeper (Form-C)
Under the rules, every Hotel Keeper will submit a copy of C-Form filled with the information given by the foreigner in respect of his/her passport visa and nationality etc. as may be, but not more than twenty four hours (24 Hours) of the arrival of foreigner to the Registration Officer/FRO.
Foreigners Staying With Relatives
Under the rules, if any foreigner intends to stay with his/her relatives, it is the duty of that person/relative to give information/report with full particulars of that foreigner either to the nearest Police Station or Foreigner Registration Office (FRO) within 24 hours of his/her arrival.
Under Section 14, “if any person contravenes the provisions of this Act or of any order made there .under , or any direction given in pursuance of this Act or such order, he shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years and shall also be liable to fine.”